Featured Post

What we learned and what others may want to know about taking an Around the World extended trip

What inquiring minds want to know- about going on a World Cruise adventure ·          Deciding to travel for 6 months with a price ta...

Friday, June 5, 2015

June 5, 2015, Friday, Huahine, French Polynesia

I love this photo of coconuts I saw outside the shell jewelry store

Our ebulent talkative guide.  She talked to everyone, demonstrated pareo tying on me, talked about the area, culture, her company, while some of us snorkeled.  They did not provide snorkel gear and of course mine didn't get into my bag.  I borrowed one of their masks and held onto a life ring and followed David around in an amazing coral area.  I remember watching those beautiful turquoise silvery fish around the brain coral.  We saw some other different fishes.
Schools by the boat
Lovely moorish idol
Our favorite  striped fish
My turquoise fish
After snorkling, we went to a beach and had our picnic lunch on tables and chairs in the water.  She explained that we had to eat there to get away from the mosquitos.  It was really fun.  Tropical fish would just swim by, especially if you threw bread.  She taught us a Polynesian dance.

We took the shuttle into town to check out any souvenirs
I bought several things here, a couple shell necklaces and those red seed necklaces they say are the seeds of an acacia tree.

I love this photo outside the shell shop
This crab greeted me at the shore
Our shuttle bus into town
A beautiful sunset







No comments:

Post a Comment