Featured Post

What we learned and what others may want to know about taking an Around the World extended trip

What inquiring minds want to know- about going on a World Cruise adventure ·          Deciding to travel for 6 months with a price ta...

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Best Friend

By fifth grade, I had a best friend! Jan Kilgore, this beautiful brown haired girl in my class thought I was neat and invited me over for sleepovers and she came to my house. We had a grand time together. She was in my Girl Scout group. She was one of the more popular girls in the class, so I was pretty happy that we became friends. We liked to look out her window and talk about boys and play Ouija board and cards. She had a neighbor, Denny Gutschal. I thought he was really cute. Pretty soon that was all I talked about, especially since he just lived across the street from Jan’s house.
One day at school, Jan told me that she couldn’t have me over anymore. Her Mother told her that I was too boy crazy. I was devastated. Pretty soon I saw Jan in the company of Brooke. I was no longer in the in crowd. I instead hung out with Jane Mansfield and Mary DuPree and Judy Davis, the second line of popularity. I discovered that these girls were also nice to hang out with. We had slumber parties at Jane’s house because she had a huge house. We played Ouija board a lot, and I was supposed to marry someone named David who lived on the West Coast. Well, that was disappointing that it wasn’t Denny Gutschal, and I had never been to the West Coast nor did I ever think I would.
2/10/09

No comments:

Post a Comment