Featured Post

What we learned and what others may want to know about taking an Around the World extended trip

What inquiring minds want to know- about going on a World Cruise adventure ·          Deciding to travel for 6 months with a price ta...

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Things left to do.....

Last week I worked on some of the things left to do:
1.  Get out the Christmas letter to 140 friends and family.   DONE!  Except David hasn't signed his yet.
2.  Get the remaining medicines in order to have enough for 6 months.  Thankfully our insurance allows vacation overrides.  A couple more refills are on their way.
3.  Get my crown replaced.  Still need to get it permanently glued in.
4.  Get Botox - DONE! 
5.  Get new glasses.  Still working on it.  I found an optician who can turn them around in 24 hours.
6.  Get a massage.  DONE!  I made need another one.
7.  Print out business cards with my blog, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter accounts listed.  DONE!
8.  Organize the prescription medicines and vitamins, some for before we leave, some for while we are on the cruise.  But I don't know when we are going to go for sure!  DONE!
9.  Organize all the essential items needed that I think I won't be able to replenish while we are gone. DONE!
10.  Check Cruise Critic message board regularly in the hope that someone will know more than me about the status of the ship and when we will depart. ONGOING
11.  Read the wonderful book on African quilts called Quilt Inspirations from Africa by Kate England.  It has wonderful narrative about the countries and cultures and traditional colors and patterns.  I am thinking of buying fabric as souvenirs.  We certainly don't need or want anymore things to put on a shelf.  Sherry Valentine Lestinkof , who gave me the book, can help me fashion a quilt when we return.


Things to do but haven't started:
12.  Pick up all the clothes I think I will take on the cruise from the pile on the floor of the closet and clean them and look again to see if I really want or need all these clothes.
13.  Schedule a pickup for our bags to be shipped to Oceania and then pack them.
14.  Pick up, put away, throw away, and clean the house for our renters, Roger and Mary!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work, Dorothy. This is my 4th attempt at posting a comment.

    ReplyDelete