Featured Post

What we learned and what others may want to know about taking an Around the World extended trip

What inquiring minds want to know- about going on a World Cruise adventure ·          Deciding to travel for 6 months with a price ta...

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Almost

All day long looking at clothes.  What was I thinking!  These are not travel clothes.  I put what I consider three days worth into a space bag, and three more days into another space bag.  5 lbs each!  I Start over again.  and got rid of one pound each.  One bag will go in David's luggage, one in mine, and vice versa.  I'll take half of his clothes. Then I divided my medicines into two bags.  He takes one bag, I take the other.  The duffel which can't weigh more than 30 pounds is 25.  I haven't weighed the carryon, which can only be 15.  No computer.  No jewelry.  I'm glad I don't wear makeup anymore.

Boxes.  I got 10 boxes from Costco to fill with stuff in our drawers and around the house so Roger and Mary can move in.  I'm mostly done with that, thank goodness because they arrive Monday, tomorrow, at noon.  The housekeeping service comes at 8:00am.  

The frig is down to the last dregs.  We are opening cans of emergency food now.  The bananas ripened and we will not buy anymore.  I never thought I could do it.  Still three more days to go to refine the packing, cleaning, and say goodbyes.

1 comment:

  1. Someone on Cruise Critic mentioned your blog and I just want you to know how I enjoy reading about your trip - preparations and all :). It's a fascinating journey you planned (besides the canceled WC). I will follow your blog with a great interest. Good luck and Bon Voyage!

    Alice.

    ReplyDelete