Featured Post

What we learned and what others may want to know about taking an Around the World extended trip

What inquiring minds want to know- about going on a World Cruise adventure ·          Deciding to travel for 6 months with a price ta...

Thursday, June 30, 2011

New License

Today I got my Hawaiian license plate for my car.
In order to do this, you must present the receipt from Young Bros. shipping to show when the car was received in Hawaii.  You must present an Hawaiian certificate of insurance.  You must present the previous registration, and a safety inspection report.  The safety inspection is given at some gas stations, not all.  You must make an appt.  Bob, at Dixson’s 76 auto  body did my inspection. 
You then go to the Hawaiian department of motor vehicles which is located in their new state satellite headquarters near the high school.  The buildings are marked A, B, C, D etc.  No other markings are found.  You must visit each building until you get the right one.  The first time I went, it was Furlough Friday.  The second time I went I found out about the blue safety inspection requirement.  The third time I went the computers were down. 
 Finally, yesterday, June 30th, I waited only half an hour in line and was able to register the car and get Hawaiian plates.  You must then return to Dixson’s auto shop and they install the plates and put on the safety inspection sticker (which I have not found on my car or anyone else’s car).  I was lucky because the cost of registration doubled starting July 1st (from $5.00 to $10.00).

No comments:

Post a Comment